Our response to COVID-19
Our highest priority is the health and well-being of our customers and staff. We are constantly monitoring the Government guidance and World Health Organisation (WHO) recommendations to ensure we are following the latest advice and providing the best possible protection.
Everyone needs to assess and manage the risks of COVID-19. Employers have a legal responsibility to protect workers and others from risk to their health and safety. There are interactive tools available to support you from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) at www.hse.gov.uk/simple-healthsafety/risk/index.htm.
Our Workplace Guide has been developed and emailed to all our customers to provide a reference for the BEHAVIOURAL strategies and FACILITIES measures that CAN Mezzanine has put in place to mitigate against the risk of COVID-19 to our customers, staff, contractors and visitors. We have evaluated our buildings and introduced practicable measures to minimise risk of COVID-19, recognising that this cannot be entirely eliminated.
Developing a workplace strategy in response to COVID-19 and taking into consideration the current Government advice will necessarily be an iterative process and one that will require CAN and all the organisations in the CAN Mezzanine community to work together to implement effectively. Our Workplace Guide is a working document that we will continue to review and encourage our customers to provide feedback and ideas for ways we can collectively promote a safe shared workspace environment during the ongoing pandemic.
Our focus has been on identifying ways to protect all of those who use our space. We have explained the measures we have introduced under two main category areas: Behavioural and Facilities.
Our Key Points
Don’t come to the office with COVID-19 symptoms:
• Anyone who has symptoms of COVID-19 must stay at home and away from the office
• Anyone who lives in a household with someone displaying symptoms must follow the NHS self-isolating guidelines
• Anyone who has been advised to self-isolate as part of the Government’s test and trace service
Increase the frequency of handwashing and surface cleaning:
• Sanitise your hands using the sanitisers provided and wash them upon arrival to the building and frequently through the day
• The frequency of surface cleaning has been increased, play your part by cleaning work areas
• We recommend you clean meeting room phones and AV equipment with the cleaning materials provided before and after each use
Click here for the latest updates from CAN on COVID-19
Stay alert and maintain social distancing:
• Where working from home is not possible, adapt commuting habits, working hours and shift patterns that will ease the amount of people in the office and help uphold social distancing
• Observe social distancing guidelines in the office
• Minimise meetings with external visitors and do not run events in our conference facilities until further notice except with prior arrangement and agreement with us
• Limit deliveries, contractors and restrict non-business deliveries, as far as is possible
• Observe the displayed maximum occupancy when using post room, kitchen and toilet facilities