CAN Mezzanine customer, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust launched its 2017 #SmearForSmear campaign yesterday as part of Cervical Cancer Prevention Week, which runs from Sunday 22nd January until Saturday 28th January.
Almost half a million young women aged 25-29 did not attend cervical screening last year, Cervical Cancer Prevention Week aims to change this.
Take part in the #SmearForSmear campaign by sharing a selfie (as above) to raise awareness of the importance of smear tests in preventing cervical cancer.
- Every day in the UK 9 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer
- 3 women lose their lives from the disease every day
- Cervical cancer is the most common cancer in women aged 35
- 75% of cervical cancers are prevented by cervical screening (smear tests)
- However 1 in 4 women do not attend this potentially life-saving test
(Information taken from Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust)