Attractive salary & benefits on application - London
About the role
In this exciting role, you will work as part of CAN Mezzanine Operations and the wider CAN team across CAN Mezzanine locations to grow the business and help create an organisation committed to innovation and continuous improvement that focuses on supporting and delighting our customers.
Having a passion for customer service and finding new ways to work more effectively will enable you to assist CAN in its ambitious growth targets and ensure that CAN Mezzanine is established as the first choice for our target customer base.
You will have responsibility for maximizing the business performance of CAN Mezzanine centres within your management remit to achieve strong financial performance and provide excellent customer service.
Reporting to the Director of Operations & Sales you will manage all operational aspects of CAN Mezzanine facilities & services in the buildings you manage achieving occupancy, revenue and budget targets through customer retention, sales acquisition and effective procurement and cost control.
As an enthusiastic and confident communicator, you will feel comfortable engaging with customers and writing and delivering information to a varied audience and at all levels.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about working in the Social Sector, be currently or recently have worked in an operations, facilities or business management capacity and will be excited to work within a fast paced, challenging but rewarding customer service environment.
To be considered for this role, you will need proven multi-site facilities management (FM), sales and infrastructure project management experience and be able to demonstrate good commercial and financial acumen.
The ability to work using your own initiative to manage and plan your own workload and make informed decisions is essential.
- Performance management of all operational aspects of CAN Mezzanine facilities & services provided and directly report to the Director of Operations & Sales.
- Maintain optimum levels of occupancy & space utilization and deliver high levels of customer service achieving high customer satisfaction ratings.
- Successful P&L management; to achieve revenue targets through sales acquisition, organic growth and effective negotiations with existing customers and effective procurement and cost control.
- Ensure maintenance of up to date sales & CRM system information and compilation of billing, financial and other reports for Accounts Dept. and Director of Operations & Sales.
- Oversee implementation of policy & procedures and ensure contractor management and compliance with all statutory requirements including Health & Fire Safety Prevention and First Aid.
- Prioritise and manage planned, proactive & reactive building and ICT infrastructure maintenance and development in accordance with evolving working practices.
- Pro-active customer engagement to inform service development, promote networking and collaboration, and foster a culture of communities of social interest among CAN Mezzanine customers.
- Project involvement/management of refurbishment, replication (new sites) or facilities/service development projects.
- A proven track record of operations, and multi-site facilities management
- Sales and business/service development experience demonstrating commercial & financial acumen
- Good IT knowledge & working knowledge of CRM databases / Salesforce
- Team worker with a co-operative and flexible approach to working with others
- Proven experience in problem solving and being able to take initiative and prioritise workload and resource
- Have a natural flair and passion for communicating and engaging with people and desire to make a difference in society
- Be a clear leader and project manager, delivering activities from inception to completion on budget
The Helen Taylor Thompson Foundation Ltd (operating as CAN), is a registered charity trading as a social enterprise earning income in direct pursuit of its aims.
We are committed to helping other charities and social ventures thrive, grow and maximise their impact and strive to achieve this by offering business support, capital and flexible affordable space.
We run 5 serviced offices in central London that house around 1400 individuals from 160 exclusively social organisations and in the last 10 years we have grown our asset base from zero value to a current value of over £40m with turnover just under £6m. All surpluses are re-invested in pursuit of our objectives to grow social impact.
This is a pivotal time to join the organisation as we are currently going through an exciting time of significant change and growth as we evolve into a Foundation that generates its funds from the direct pursuit of its charitable objectives rather than from an endowment.
CAN’s vision is for a strong and impactful social economy that creates a better society.
Our mission is to support social organisations to maximise their impact, sustainability and, where appropriate, growth. We deliver on this misson by addressing the three key barriers: Premises, Skill and Finance.
Collaborative: We work collaboratively, share skills & knowledge
Restless: Driven with creative hunger, we challenge norms, harnessing passion and energy to deliver
Inclusive: Approachable, flexible and caring we have faith in people, respect individuality and give a voice
Bold: We take risks, act transparently, with integrity, honesty and courage to challenge and be heard.
How to apply
Please send a supporting statement and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your own skills, experience and qualities and matching them to our key responsibilities, core competencies and values. CAN strives to be an equal opportunity employer. We particularly welcome applications from ethnic minority groups and from people with disabilities.
Closing date: 14th August 2020
Interviews: week commencing 17th August 2020